Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Positivity. Have You Had Your Plus Sign Today?

The title is borrowed from a Prince song from the 80s.  The song is on the Lovesexy album if you care you listen. 

Lately the need to find positivity in my life has crept back up. This made me think about my blog that I have abandoned all summer.  I never forgot about it but I totally slacked on my posts - this doesn't mean I forgot to think about the things that happened each day.  I thought about it every day. Now, I'm making the conscious effort to get back to it.  It really has made a positive impact on my perspectives.

So, with that said, here we go (again)!

  1. Business has certainly been great in my online shop.  I get at least one sale a week without even trying.  That's awesome.  I even got a sale tonight!
  2. Today was my last class as the seminar instructor for a program we have on campus for incoming freshmen.  It was a great opportunity and I feel as though I have grown from the experience. I also hope that they have grown as well. 
  3. I ran today on the treadmill.  I do it three times a week.  Today was the longest I've run in a while and I love that I was able to do it without stopping.  5 minutes running, 2 minutes walking. 4 minutes running, 2 minutes walking.  Repeat.
  4. An old friend of mine that I've known since elementary school said I made her day.  I love it when I can make people smile, laugh, and feel good about themselves and who they are.  I feel like that's one of my callings. Honestly I do.  A student even said that I'm a good listener today.
  5. Speaking of that student, she surprised me with an extra ticket to go to the Obama rally tomorrow.  That was REALLY nice of her.  I'm excited to go. This will be the closest I'll ever get to seeing any president. Thanks, Caitlyn! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment