Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's All in How You Look at It.

Which cup do you choose?
Today is one of those days where I really have to think about what cool things have happened today that I loved. Sometimes you have to reach into the "grateful bag". To be grateful for things that maintain your life and livlihood is a little bit easier. You can resolve to be thankful for living another day. You can be grateful that you were able to eat today. You can be grateful to have a roof over your head. But to think about the things you loved about the day is way more challenging than rattling off what I think of as a "given". You have to be mindful about it throughout the entire day.  It can be the way the sun was shining on the autumn leaves or having someone show you appreciation. Acknowledging those moments is what makes it special.

In thinking about what those moments or things were for the day, this is what I came up with.

  1. I loved that I was able to share stories about Las Vegas with students today.  It was fun to see their reactions.
  2. Roasted Pine Nut Humus by Sabra. That stuff is DELICIOUS!
  3. I bowled a 170 game tonight.  That's pretty awesome!
  4.  I got the new Taylor Swift CD, "Red" and I have to say that it's pretty good. I think she gets better with each album and less and less country.  Not that there's anything wrong with country music. hahaha  It's like she's taking lessons from the Shania Twain playbook.  Speaking of Shania - Where is the new music???
  5. You have to give it to 7-Eleven.  Their Pumpkin Spice Latte tastes pretty damn good and is only $1.74 compared to the $4+ you'd pay at Starbucks.  Thank Heaven for 7-Eleven! Oh.. and since it's election season, I ALWAYS grab the blue cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment