Friday, September 16, 2011

A Change is Gonna Come

  1. I love when people show they care, respect, and just have plain ol’ common courtesy to others they don’t know.  Today I was walking to a building on campus and I was a good 15 steps away from the door - far enough to not really consider holding a door for anyone.  This student held the door for about 7 seconds as I walked up to it.  Amazing level of courtesy and commitment to holding that door.
  2. Today was a great day to spread the word of positive thinking.  Far too many people like to focus on the crappy things and honestly… it makes no sense to focus on the negative things - it just brings you down. I love finding things that make me happy and smile each day.
  3. I saw this quote in an email today, “Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.” -Margaret Thatcher. It’s so true and true for other things, too. I love how simple this is and how it transcends this specific meaning.
  4. I love when I have a good reason to miss posting my 5 loves for the day.  I’ve had good reason for two weekends now. :0)
  5. The chilly weather has been a nice change of pace.  I love the fall temperatures and I can’t wait to put on a sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment