Sunday, March 18, 2012

Our Deepest Fear

Today someone was complaining about where they live and that they pretty much aren't worthy of being loved because they themselves are not able to give it for fear of being hurt. Why is fear so debilitating? I mean, ultimately we're afraid of how someone will respond and I get that.  We probably take more risks at work or when we drive a car or ride a bike than we do with finding love and happiness in our own lives.  I don't know about you but I value my own life and happiness. So, I am willing to take those risks.

  1. Thinking about taking risks, I remembered this quote that I love by Marianne Williamson .
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
  2. I forgot how much I enjoyed Public Television.  I love documentaries about the past.  I killed a good six hours watching the American Experience series on Lyndon B. Johnson and Franklin D. Roosevelt.  Very good programming. I think it's also fitting that FDR has the phrase, "There's nothing to fear but fear itself."  WHOA.. and then the first quote of the morning.  Hmmm.. someone is trying to tell me something. 
  3. Gotta love free music.  A friend of mine makes mixes and you can download them on Sound Cloud.
  4. I love that my interactions with people today has caused me to really reflect on what my passion is.  I haven't thought about it since my dog passed away at the end of January. I'm coming to a crossroad where I really need to reconnect with those thoughts.
  5. I love how my friend's mom posts things on my Facebook timeline and I have never met the woman in my life. It cracks me up!  I can't wait to meet Ms. Rosetta!

No comments:

Post a Comment