Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

Today I challenged myself to a biking adventure.  I'm gearing up for cycling season and wanted to bike to work.  Normally it's a 16 miles trip but I drove part of the way and cycled the rest.  7.5 miles covered in one direction and I had to ride back to my car!  Man, what a way to kick off this fitness program. I am exhausted!
  1. What I loved about biking is that I burned nearly 1500 calories!  That's awesome! 
  2. Since I burned so many calories I decided to treat myself to a Blooming Onion from Outback Steakhouse.  Oh my, how delicious!
  3. I discovered Mary Tyler Moore on Hulu Plus - I keep finding these old classics.  The thing about this classic is that I've never watched it before. I'm enjoying each episode!  Classic Comedy - much different than most of the shows on TV today.
  4. The weather today was awesome for a bike ride - 72 degrees. I'm glad it was cool (and breezy) because biking on those hills had me sweating. If it were warmer I can only imagine how much sweating I would have done. lol
  5. This was the first time in a long time that I was home fairly early.  I was home before the NBC Nightly News came on. Now THAT'S early!

No comments:

Post a Comment