Monday, March 12, 2012

Tuning In to My Inner Peace

Yeah, I've noticed.  These posts don't happen every day.  I've thought about why and I am concluding that it's because parts of my life are just overwhelming right now. To combat the feeling of being overwhelmed I have started biking.  There's nothing like breezing through the streets and trails and conquering a lot of miles.  I decided that if I'm going to bike I need to bike at LEAST 10 miles.  The next phase of overcoming this feeling is to just get over it and move on. hahaha Yes, it sounds simple and hopefully it is going to be simple.  I gotta come up with a master plan.  At any rate, there are still things I love each day - I just find it hard to make time to get in the frame of mind to post them.

  1. When I woke up today I decided to take on a mission. That mission was to install my outdoor antenna.  I accomplished that task with excellent results!  Getting rid of cable has been an awesome experience and a financial coup since I didn't really watch many of those channels anyhow. With the new antenna I receive 45 channels. Oddly enough, I still only watch 2 - 3 of those channels. 
  2. I love that I am good at meeting new people.  I am aware of this talent. Now if I can only translate that into something more. This leads me to a much larger thought that I'll keep to myself. hahaha
  3. I went biking today and I was able to tackle some hills without a problem. I've gotten to those hills in the past and have always found them challenging.  I'm becoming a stronger biker.
  4. Tonight was a Marshall University Phone-a-Friend day.  I heard from two of my college friends within an hour of one another. Very cool to hear from both of them and make potential plans for the future.
  5. Today I noticed that a lot of people were being very friendly. It might be something that happens often or the fact that I was out and about early in the day before people get mean.  Whatever the case may be I loved that people exhibited kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment