Friday, February 17, 2012

Family Fun Time

Today marks the first time my brother and his kids have visited since I've been in my (semi) newly acquired home.  It's pretty cool having them here.  I haven't seen them in about 4 years and let me just say - What a difference that time frame makes!  They all have gotten so tall and the oldest has facial hair!  The others have hit puberty and I'm just floored.  I guess that means they've gotten older and so have I.  The oldest nephew was born in 1993.  That doesn't seem so long ago to me - but geez - he's a grown ass man now. Might not be mature but he can now vote.

  1. I had a series of nice meetings today.  I have to say that I think I'm going to enjoy partnering with a new person on an initiative. 
  2. I loved seeing that the Program Board event tonight was PACKED. Great job!
  3. I loved that I was able to play video games with my nephew and niece. Clearly, they play these games way more than me LOL I think tomorrow night I will challenge them in Guitar Hero!
  4. Today marked my debut at a voice over artist. hahaha I had to do a series of videos on how to use a program.  The videos are for students and I hope they prove to be helpful. really enjoyed making them. 
  5. While out to dinner with family, we sat next to a table with a very talkative, yet good-natured Korean guy that made sure we knew he could be "down" with the black folks. hahaha He was kind of annoying (and drunk) however, I loved how he got serious for a moment and got on my nephews case about not going to college. This was a classic moment!  A total stranger saying to my nephew, "Man, you should go to college, even if it's community college because a degree will open doors."  That was very nice of him to say and while he was annoying for most of the meal, him saying this made a world of difference to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment