Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Momma Used to Say...

All the preparation has paid off.  Another great year for the homecoming block party.  Now, tomorrow will be the true test - seeing whether the contractors will remove the tents, port-a-potties and clean up the garbage. I sure hope so.  I can now rest and reflect.
  1. What a day! I love how everyone in my office were in good spirits at the block party and were extra helpful. It made for a very successful event. 
  2. Every single element of today just seemed to fall into place. When things seemed a little off - I remained calm and it all worked out. That's a testament about life.  Keep calm - it'll all work out.  Someone today said it's about weathering the storm.
  3. Having a busy day like today, I can appreciate coming home to an empty house. 
  4. "Many hands make for light work". My mother always said this statement.  It's sooooo true and I have tons of gratitude for staff members outside of my office who helped with the set-up and tear down of today's event. 
  5. I didn't have to pay for a single meal today. "You can't beat that with a stick!" That's another saying my mother would say. Ahhh, the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment