Saturday, February 11, 2012

News from the Metropolis

Picture it - a sunny day. New tires on my car, a full gas tank and a mind full of determination as I drove into DC. The goal for the day was to visit the Newseum and to go out in the city.  I achieved both.  Prior to going out, I got a message saying Whitney Houston had died.  WHAAAAAAAAAT?  I thought it was a rumor.  You know, in the sense that reporters sometimes misreport things.  So I asked my friend to look it up on his computer and see what the news feeds said. Every couple of minutes that passed solidified the fact that what was hoped to be a rumor was actual truth.  An American Pop Icon has passed away.  On the radio, DJs played her songs to honor her.  Such great music. 

Ahh... at any rate, there are still things I loved about today..
  1. I have new tires and all I can say is WOW.. the car drives so much nicer! It was expensive but well worth it even if it is only for the safety reasons!
  2. The Newseum was a great time.  There is so much information though.  Because it's about news, there's lots of reading. I highly recommend a visit - just be sure to have at LEAST 3 hours set aside for it.
  3. As many times as I have been to DC - it's about time that I know how to navigate my way around a huge chunk of the city.  I love that I was able to maneuver the mean streets with ease today because my GPS was NOT cooperating.
  4. I met some new folks tonight.  One person in the group actually lived in Huntington, West Virginia at the same time I did. He even claimed to remember me.  Well, I can't say the same.. but hey, it was still a fun night out.  
  5. There was somethin' cool about hanging out in the mall at Starbucks and having a coffee and just catching up on life with one of my friends. It was very metropolitan.

No comments:

Post a Comment