Sunday, February 19, 2012

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Day Two: Family Visit.  I've come to recognize that if I had kids, they'd be trained like my dog Big Mac. LOL I've been amazed (figure of speech cause I'm really not amazed) by how they are.  I guess I have an expectation that seems to live in the memory of how my parents raised me.  There are certain expectations of children of a certain age. Those expectations exists because you're preparing them for life outside of the nest. I remember learning how to properly wash dishes - dishes are good and clean when they're no greasy feeling left on the item and no food residue. I might add that I was the one who did the dishes because I got to eat for free. So many lessons were taught to me as a kid because I was given responsibility.  Oh, and the back talk I'm hearing?  I have four words for that - HELL - TO - THE - NAW! Do I hear Aretha singing???? R-E-S-P-E-C-T...

Any how... It will certainly be interesting to see it all works out. [steps off soap box] On to the list.
  1. HULU has me watching The Cleveland Show - the episode, The Hurricane, is pretty good.  It touched on the topic of religion - I love how Jr. took on the views that he did on religion. My sentiments are the same. hahaha
  2. My brother made a nice cheesy lasagna.  It was tasty AND I didn't have to cook.  So that was pretty amazing in itself! 
  3. My roommate gave me a belated birthday gift. That was pretty nice of him. It was a gathering of items - one of which is a mandarin/lemon scented candle that smells awesome!
  4. I've seen this video before but I saw it again tonight and remembered how much I loved it - Is Being Gay a Choice?
  5. I enjoyed my visit to Madame Tussaud's and to the Native American History Museum today. It was very informative. I don't think my nephews enjoyed it but whatever....

No comments:

Post a Comment