Monday, November 21, 2011

The Best Things in Life are...

It's hard to stay motivated at work when you know you have a big trip coming up!  I'm headed to NYC on Wednesday to add another check mark to my Bucket List - The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!  WOO HOO! I'm sure I'll be adding a few NYC things to my daily dose of positivity.

  1. I shared my "cakes in a jar" with staff members today and the best compliment was seeing a staff member running her finger around the inside of the jar to get the frosting out.  MY HOMEMADE FROSTING... clearly she thought it was delicious and that makes me smile!
  2. I am happy to have friends around that I can ask favors of. It makes life so much more manageable.
  3. I need more people to get hip to this particular CD, Michael Franti and Spearhead's "The Sound of Sunshine".  I heard "I'll Be Waiting" again today and thought, "Man, this song needs to make my list today!" Check out the lyrics.
  4. This afternoon I was interviewed by The Daily Dot today for being a male seller on Etsy. It was pretty cool.  Shout out to Lauren Orsini for the interview.  The article should be published on Wednesday. 
  5. Through a really good conversation with a student, I learned that he enjoys history and educating/mentoring youth. Who knew?  The lesson of the day - Never judge a book by its cover. I love when I have moments in life that remind me of the lessons I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment