Saturday, November 26, 2011

Smurfiness, Trains and Automobiles

Oh what a day!  I left NYC on the Bolt Bus and 7 hours later, I'm finally sitting on my couch back home.  It's been a good day of resting - because I needed it for the trip back - although I kept nodding off most of the way home.  There's so much energy in that city.  I love it.  It's like, when you're around your neighborhood, its not so crazy and it all seems pretty normal.  Once you venture out to Times Square, it gets bananas!
  1. I lucked out again on my ride back from NYC.  Although the bus was full a skinny guy sat next to me.  When my knee started bothering me and I needed to switch seats, he switched with no complaints.  I love when people are nice.
  2. My timing on all of the public transportation that I had to take today was impeccable!  I probably never waited more than 5 minutes for the next bus or train - in some cases the train would show up just when I did.
  3. The much needed sleep I got before leaving NYC was awesome!  
  4. A homeless man was working his hustle when I went to reload my smart trip card at Union Station.  I needed just another dollar on my card and he shows up with a Metro Ticket that had $1.30 on it and asked me if I'd pay him for it.  We conducted the transaction and I gave him more than what was on the card.   
  5. On the way home I picked up a small rack of BBQ Ribs at Giant for only $5!!!  I LOOOOOOOOVE that deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment