Friday, November 18, 2011

Noodlicious Hicks and the Treacherous Drinks

Date: Saturday, November 19, 2011

Eating the curry chicken ramen at Toki Underground
I am writing my journal entry for Friday, today.  Why?  Because I wasn't home last night and have a lingering hangover to prove that I had a great time. This might be a pizza day with LOTS more water to drink. Oy Vey!
  1. I tweeted @maryjblige today to let her know that I loved the songs that I heard on the show Private Practice.  She retweeted my message!  Out of that I got a lot more followers and responses.  How cool is that? 
  2. I got a phone call from a friend in NYC who is letting me stay in her apartment for Thanksgiving. She called to fill me in on things before I arrive.  I love Barbara - she rocks!  I'm so excited for this trip and to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
  3. While out in DC, I explored H Street - which is apparently in North East. hahahaha At any rate, I loved exploring the city and finding new places to chill.
  4. Speaking of new places to chill, We went to several bars/restaurants.  A couple of them worth noting are Smith Commons and Fruit Bat. Smith Commons is a little "too trendy" and crowded - and LOUD... WHOA!  But they have a great Christmas Ale.  Fruit Bat has a nice bartender by the name of Angel. She has a beautiful smile and I loved that she was just so personable. She made us some amazing drinks - which is what this bar is known for.  Definitely check them out if you're in the area. It's like a quieter Adams Morgan. 
  5. Tonight I challenged myself to try Sake and Ramen (not from a wrapper).  Sake is actually pretty good! I tried a sweet one and one that is served hot. I preferred the hot sake.  The ramen was a curry ramen with chicken. I wasn't sure about it but after that first sip of the broth, I was SOLD!!  Toki Underground (Which is actually ABOVE ground over a bar) I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment