Saturday, November 5, 2011

It's the Freakin' Weekend

This week has been "something else". Not bad, just different and I'm okay with that.

  1. The Dennis M. Hicks Commitment to Diversity Scholarship is still awarded annually by UNLV's Residence Hall Association. How amazing is that??? I have to admit, my eyes watered up a little when I read this.
    Dennis M. Hicks, a former RHA Advisor, was an asset to the UNLV Office of Housing and Residential Life for many years. Dennis was committed to making diversity and multiculturalism a predominate concern of university residents and administration alike. In his honor, the Residence Hall Association allocates a portion of its budget every year to provide scholarships to continuing UNLV students who display a dedication to promoting diversity at this university.
  2.  I had a really good day at work and got things done.  I may not have been there but for a few hours but I feel accomplished and that's all that matters.
  3. Today I ran for 5 minutes straight - not once but TWICE! I'm movin' on up!
  4. I got my first donation for the Movember Campaign!!  Thanks Doug Tilton!!
  5. I love that it's the weekend and I don't have anything major planned.  Just some me time.



No comments:

Post a Comment