Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Brr, Stick 'em Ha Ha Ha, Stick 'em

Today was like one of those old school hip hop days... and appropriately so (you'll see why). Things just felt so carefree today. Not a worry in the air and very social. I probably spent 3 hours in other folks' offices chillin' and chattin'. Similar to what I would have done on my dirt bike in the summer time - just rollin' up somewhere and hangin' out.
  1. I realized that the shirt I had on was from 1999 today.  Someone complimented it and I thought, "Well damn, I bought this shirt my first year of graduate school."  Then I thought about why I kept it - the shirt is made of wool; it's gray; it has padded elbows; and when I gained so much weight that it didn't fit anymore, I vowed to make sure it would fit again.  It fits again and with ample room. I love that feeling.
  2. I spoke about serendipity yesterday.  Today it's still in my head.  While there were no happy mistakes today, I certainly connected the concept to my life. I feel good about that.
  3. I sat down in a friend's office today and she mentioned another office which caused me to sit down and ask her some questions about careers.  Needless to say, an hour later I left with "homework" to make progress on my endeavors.  I love getting a new perspectives.
  4. Sitting in the same friend's office I saw this wall art application tool on her desk that had the rap lyrics, "Brr stick'em! ha ha ha, stick'em". How funny is that?!?  Does anyone recall this song? I know I did.  It's REALLY old school. Check out the song here.
  5. Tonight my bowling was great!  I bowled over average in every game - with one game being int eh 170s.  Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment