Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Magnificent Metro and the Friends Along the Way

Today I commented on all of the people listing things they're thankful for.  It's a good exercise in gratitude.  It's kind of like the reason I do this blog - to find the positive things in life that I'm happy about or grateful for.  There are days where I am always trying to dig deep within to find a one or two more situations/items to list as a good thing.  It's especially hard if you haven't interacted with many people. Today I'm thankful for friends.
  1. I had lunch with my friend Myra. It's always a good time. She's going to feed my dog while I'm away and I'm glad she doesn't mind.
  2. Staying at my friend, Nicole's tonight so that my commute to Union Station is so easy in the morning. Shaving off an hour on the commute. I'm headed to NYC in the morning!  Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, here I come!
  3. I love that Thai Crunch Salad at California Pizza Kitchen. I didn't realize that it had cucumbers in it though.... and despite the cucumbers, I still loved it. Now that's progress.
  4. Sara brought me a brownie with sprinkles on it to my office this afternoon. That was really nice of her.
  5. I loved that I rode the Metro today and I only had to wait about 4 minutes for the train to leave. That's pretty good timing - I guess it's pretty normal during the work week with lots of trains passing through. LOL  However, for me, it was something great that happened to me. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment