Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Bend in the Road is Not the End

Today I really tried to keep my cool.  Between a regular visit to the doctor about blood pressure (which is fine, BTW) and then the events during a night of bowling.  WOW... That was more stress in a matter of two hours than I have experienced in a long time.  Now I know how some politicians feel. The only problem is, they can hold the emotions together and I can't. hahaha Nevertheless, I refuse to linger in negativity so here I am continuing on with 5 things I loved about today.
  1. I love my Doctor. Actually, she's a Physicians Assistant. She is so easy to talk to and shows a lot of care.  I told her that if she should ever leave this place, she MUST call and let me know.. 
  2. I love that things like the Sustainable Living Roadshow exists.  They bring a great awareness to things and the Chapstick lip balm I bought is the bomb!
  3. Stouffer's makes a damn good mac and cheese. If you haven't tried it.. I suggest you do.
  4. I appreciate the individuals that volunteered to hold positions on the bowling league and appreciate everyone who exhibited a LOT of patience as we were trying to sort things out.  I can't even fully articulate nor formulate in words what their volunteerism means to me.
  5. I'm happy in the way I managed myself through one of the toughest situations I have experienced in the last year. To withstand this is a sign of growth and maturity. Resiliency.

    "The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you refuse to take the turn."
I had more to add so I added the additions to the Inspiration page.  Reading inspirational and motivation quotes really help me to get through difficult situations. Check out the other items here.

No comments:

Post a Comment