Sunday, October 23, 2011

Power of Intentions

Sometimes I wonder what the intent of others really is.  Do they intend to bring joy to the day or do they intend to upset the day? Do they intend to make someone happy or do they intend to piss someone off? Do they intend to bring peace or do they intend to rattle the cage? There's a lot of power in intentions. By setting an intention, you make it clear to yourself and others, just what you plan to do. What are your intentions today?
  1. Some of my favorite quotes come from Maya Angelou.  When I read her words I can hear her wise, grandmother-like voice speaking to me as if she's sitting on that wing back chair like my Grandmother did. Spewing wise words from a soul that has seen so much in the world. It is those moments that I remember and cherish.
  2. Over the course of a few weeks I've developed new friendships. 
  3. I love the new Alpha Sigma Phi t-shirt.  I haven't worn anything fraternity related in years!  I loved the price, too. Only $10.50.
  4. Another quote - "Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go." - William Feather
  5. In all the craziness there really is a silver lining in it all. I just have to work harder on making sure my inner Pollyanna gets her time to shine each day.


If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
Maya Angelou
 
When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
Maya Angelou



No comments:

Post a Comment