Friday, October 7, 2011

Empire State of Mind

They say the city never sleeps but I sure as hell did!  Maybe someone slipped me an Ambien! LOL

  1. While in Chelsea, I was by the Apple Store and saw the memorial for Steve Jobs (Apple Co-Founder).  I loved that it was done so organically with Post-it Notes and apples with a bite taken out of them.   
  2. Had lunch at a great Thai restaurant in Chinatown called Pongsri Thai Restaurant  on 106 Bayard Street. Check it out! Great prices, too!
  3. We walked over to the World Trade Center Area.  The new buildings look amazing.  There was a museum/shop there that had some moving displays.
  4. I had my first Century 21 experience.  It's a store that has name brand clothing at a discount.  I lucked out and found a nice wool driving hat for only $10!!  Good buy!
  5. Walking through a park in Chinatown, we saw how awesome the Asian community is there.  They were all older (50s and up) and sitting at tables playing card games, checkers and other games. They also sat on benches playing music and watching their grandchildren.  It was an awesome sight to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment