Monday, October 10, 2011

Fearlessness is Nirvana With a Spoonful of Nutella

I wasn't anticipating that today would be filled with such deep thoughts. I guess some higher being is speaking to me so that I can speak to you.  Who really knows? Today's list just came to me so easily and is all kind of link together without intention. 

  1. Today's list is brought to you by the word, "DADGUMMIT!!!!!". My friend, Roy, said this on Facebook today and I thought, "Now there's a word you don't hear every day."  It's one of those words that makes you think of Bugs Bunny and the Looney Tunes gang and causes you to smile quietly to yourself.
  2. I guess I wasn't into rock/modern rock too much in the early 90s and I wasn't able to fully appreciate the Nirvana album, "Nevermind".  I'm listening to it on Spotify and I have to say, it's pretty good. In fact, I love about 80% of this CD.
  3. I love that this video gets right to the point and talks about honoring the indigenous people as opposed to a man who "supposedly" discovered America.

  4. Did I ever mention how much I really love Nutella with peanut butter?  
  5. I just had a thought about life.  I love when these moments happen.  The thought was this, "Why do we care what people think or believe if we know our truth?" The follow-up thought was, "And when we're old and frail (if we're lucky enough to reach that point) what is there to really be afraid of?  If you're fearless, how much freer do you think you'd feel? It's the fear that holds us back from being the most amazing human beings we can be. Oh yeah, people can be amazing and still have fear but to be the most amazing Dennis Michael Hicks is what I want to achieve."

1 comment:

  1. definitely recondite and provocative

    ReplyDelete