Friday, December 23, 2011

Crafty McCrafterson Strikes Again!

It's times like these where you wish you had made plans.  Well, I did make plans but I didn't really prepare well enough to execute them. Poor planning on my part.  Oh well, I have plenty to keep me occupied this weekend. Namely crafting and cooking.  C'est la vie!
  1. Today I FINALLY picked up a reasonably priced rolling pin.  You see, I needed a rolling pin so that I can make some homemade dog treats for my dog. It'll be his Christmas present.  
  2. I made some pretty awesome looking terrariums today.  I got the idea from Pinterest. I happen to love that website!
  3. I ordered air plants this week and when I received them, I wasn't quite sure of how I'd use them.  I experimented with a couple of ways and I am loving the results. You can see the results on my crafting blog.
  4. Sometimes I forget that I even have HBO as a channel. Luckily I flipped through the channels and saw that the movie, "Hall Pass" was on.  It was pretty silly - but it was funny because it was silly.. It's just what I needed tonight.
  5. You ever have one of those days where you remember a lesson in manners that someone taught you as a kid? Today I had a mini flashback.  I flashback on this particular lesson often but today it really struck me.  The lesson was holding doors for people - women in particular. I remember my mother teaching this lesson and she always made me open the door for her.  If I didn't do it automatically, she would stand there waiting for me to open it. When I held the door for this woman today - she looked so appreciative. Chivalry is one of those things that isn't really instilled in folks these days. I love that I was taught to behave chivalrously.

No comments:

Post a Comment