Saturday, December 3, 2011

Rockin' the Runway!

There are days where you are just extremely proud. Last night was one of those nights.  While I may not have children, I have students that I am connected with.  Last night those students amazed me. They put together a phenomenal fashion show themed around HIV/AIDS Awareness.  This is an annual event and this was the 4th iteration of the show.  Last year's show was mired in drama.  This year's show was drama free, clean of all egos (from what I could tell) and looked pretty damn flawless. Kudos to the Weekends at Mason crew for a magnificent show.

  1. Today I survived 4 back to back, one-hour long phone interviews and we selected some great candidates to move forward in the process. I love it when it all just kinda works out (which it always does, honestly).
  2. I learned how to use Adobe inDesign a little better.  It's good to add a new graphic design application to the skill set.
  3. I scheduled a meeting with someone about the possibility of following a dream of mine. Teaching photography skills to students in the context of their own lives.  These students would be capturing their lives on film and telling a story much like that of a hip-hop artist. The first step is often the toughest.
  4. I saw a students that I worked with this past summer tonight and it was really cool seeing them involved and being active in the campus community.  That was really nice. 
  5. I got to participate in the Rock the Runway Fashion Show. I love how it just keeps getting better and better. AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment