Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Girl, Listen to this Text Message

What's better than waking up and realizing that you don't have to go to work today?  Well, actually LOTS of things.  For instance, winning the lottery (which would come as a major benefit at this point in my life).  Since that won't likely happen - mostly because I don't play the lottery. This morning I got a text message from my supervisor to inform me that the office would be closed because of a power outage. I guess that leaves me with more time to reflect on the day's events.
  1. I know some people think they're gross, but I LOVE pork cracklin's. I bought a bag of them today. If you love bacon, you will probably love these. 
  2. I'm trying out a new project today. A photo transfer onto canvas.  I'm pretty sure it's going to work. It was way too simple!  I love easy craft projects. Here's directions on how you can make your own - Photo Canvas.
  3. The woman at Home Depot was so nice and cordial. She has a nice Caribbean accent, too.  I felt bad because I didn't always understand what she was asking the first time she would speak. I would ask her to repeat it and she did without getting an attitude. That's how it's done, folks.  Just be nice.
  4. Pier One always has some cool stuff. I went in the store tonight and found some cool items on clearance. 
  5. A friend of mine posted a clip on Facebook that made me laugh.  "Shit Black Girls Say" is hilarious. I guess you gotta know black girls and grow up around them (as I did) to truly get each joke. "Girl, listen to this text message."  LOLOLOL

No comments:

Post a Comment