Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rock the Mic!

When I rock the mic, I rock the mic right! HAHAHAHA  I really enjoy performing. Imagine that.  I don't care if it's karaoke, hamming it up for a crowd, telling stories, etc.  If it's a fun presentation/performance, I thoroughly enjoy it. 
  1. As I was walking toward a building a student who was on her cell phone and entering the building. She saw me in the corner of her eye and even though I was more than 5 steps away, she held the door for me.  I should do a study on students and how many extend that care to others. By her holding the door for me caused me to pause and consider her thoughtfulness.
  2. While this may serve the ego, as many things in life do, I love how people enjoy my MC-ing the university's holiday party. This was the third year that I've done it.  All I really do is announce the different dances and make a few announcements - however, people seem to love it AND remember me from past years. That makes me feel good.
  3. Bowling was fun tonight. It was made even more exciting when a girl bowling next to me bowled 7 strikes in a row!  Her score was 218, her highest score ever.  It was so cool to see the shock and joy on her face after her accomplishment. 
  4. At the university holiday party, the committee tried something new.  We did sign-ups for the Homecoming Decorating Contest and had a game they could play to win some homecoming swag.  It went well and we have gotten more sign-ups than ever before.  I love it when an idea proves to be successful. Way to go team!
  5. Mmm. At the holiday party I tried Baked Potato Soup for the first time in my life. WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS I WAITING FOR? That soup is delicious! I can't wait to eat it again. Oh, it was so good that I even had to give it a shout out to the crowd about how delicious it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment