Saturday, December 24, 2011

T'was the Night Before Christmas

It's Christmas Eve and I've been doing things all day.  Staying busy and finally slowing down this evening caused me to think about how, in the last five years I have kept myself occupied with a laundry list of tasks.  I remember the time when the weekend would roll around and I would be bored - just waiting on the night to arrive so that I could have a night out on the town. The only problem with that is that I would sometimes "do the most" and be out until dawn and recuperating the rest of the day.

Staying busy also helps to pass the time.  With it being Christmastime I find myself missing some of the traditional things that used to happen when I was younger that hadn't really happened in over 10 years.  Wrapping gifts. Giving gifts. Being around family.  Seeing friends.  It all sounds a bit sad in some regard - and it is on some level. LOL However, I'm not going to be a Debbie Downer any longer. :0)
  1. Tonight I'm visiting one of my friends who is having a get together. There's nothing like food, fun, and friends - oh and a little wine and other libations!
  2. Wow, someone made a purchase from my Etsy Shop on Christmas Eve.  That's awesome!  I hope customers do the same thing when the clearance sale starts on Monday. hahahaha
  3. I went to the gym. I was determined.  Determination got me to run for 28 minutes continuously. I should also add that I did some weight training, too! Boo-Yaaaaah!
  4. Pinot Grigio - I heart you.
  5. I met three new friends tonight. Gotta love that.  I talked to them about what their passion is.  One girl bakes for fun and taught me a new type of frosting - ROYAL FROSTING!  I encouraged her to look into selling them.  Her cookies and brownies looked and were amazing.  She has a knack for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment