Monday, December 19, 2011

You're A Fun One, Mr. Hicks

Today was a craving vegetables day.  I've been having these more and more lately.  Maybe my body is saying it's vitamin deficient.  I'm not sure. What I am sure about is that I haven't really cared to eat much meat lately.  Don't get me wrong.  I still love Mexican food with the ground beef, seasoned to perfection.  I guess I have just developed a palate that yearns for good ol' veggies.  Tonight, I made what is normally an appetizer for dinner - grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil with balsamic vinaigrette. Mmm Mmm, good!

Enough of that - let's get to the daily loves!
  1. This morning I was scraping the windows of my car (yes, they were covered in frost) and a neighbor I've never met asked me if I would assist her with providing a jump to a car whose battery had died.  I walked over to see what I could do to help out.  My assistance wasn't needed but the neighbor and I introduced ourselves to one another - and THAT was the cool part!  I got to know another neighbor.
  2. I got an email this afternoon from the Vice President of University Life with the subject line "You are One Fun Guy".  That alone made me smile. She wrote:
    Hey Dennis - just a quick note to tell you how great you are at keeping
    a party lively!  I really enjoyed watching you at the holiday party. I
    really appreciate your fun-loving spirit!

    Have a wonderful holiday if I don't see you!
    I didn't even see her there!  Nevertheless, it just goes to show you that you should always put on your best face because you never know who might be watching your actions.
  3. Hmmm... text messages from Italy.  I like those!
  4. I got my shipment of airplants today and I'm excited for the new projects that will come from them.  I have a few things planned and hopefully they will be well received.
  5. Nicole was able to report that she will be going on date #2 with this guy. I love hearing exciting news!

No comments:

Post a Comment