Sunday, January 1, 2012

Afterall, Tomorrow is Another Day...

Today's entry presents one of those times when it's difficult to make my list of positive things that happened today.  There are two distinct causes for this - 1. I never really got out of bed today aside for grabbing food to eat and to use the bathroom. 2. Things just seem a little off for me. The latter seems that way due to a disturbance in "the force". hahaha  Actually a disruption in the typical routines I've been having.  Am I sliding into a funk?  If so, how will this funk affect me and my postings?

I can't tell you exactly what feels off - I just sense it. I can feel something brewing. Maybe a fully rested me will wake up on the second day of January and this feeling doesn't exist anymore.  And if it does, I will coexist with it until it passes.

At any rate - I'm going to make my best attempt at a list tonight then crawl into bed (again) and wait to drift off to sleep.
  1. Laying in bed all day felt pretty good. I loved the warmth of the sheets and the comforter covering me. It felt comforting and well, I guess that's why those special blankets are called comforters? hahaha
  2. I love that I have leftovers in the refrigerator because I didn't really have to do much thinking with regards to what I would eat.  Just heat and serve.  It was one of those days I ate everything while sitting in bed. You'd think I was hungover or sick and I was neither. 
  3. This is totally random but I was looking at my feet today and thought, "I have some nice looking feet!" Now, this thought really did make me feel good for a couple of minutes in an otherwise "feeling blue" type of day.
  4. Since it was a "blue" kind of day I watched an old black and white movie by Abbott and Costello. After watching it I wanted to watch anything with Bette Davis in it.  I love her presence on film. Too bad I couldn't find a film on cable with her in it and I don't own anything by her - maybe it's time that I do. 
  5. There are so many little things that are floating through my mind to place into this last slot - they all seem so insignificant but I honestly know that nothing in the world is insignificant. There's a sense of connectedness among everything in the world.  The fact that I breathe has an effect somewhere on the planet. It's days like this (and some days that are less blue and more magenta) that cause me to get all philosophical. I love being philosophical and thinking of things like how my breathing adds to the breeze someone may feel in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Just like my low energy/mood may affect someone else and bring them down. I am responsible for the energy I bring into the world each day.  I watched a documentary by Tom Shadyac called "I Am" that talked about this. It was very intriguing.
Wow - this was a "deep" blog entry. WHEW!

My apologies for the low energy today.

Okay - as Scarlett O'Hara said so famously, "Afterall, tomorrow is another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment