Sunday, January 1, 2012

Viva la Vida en 2012

Well, it's official. 2012 has arrived. It wasn't with much fanfare this year - just with some good friends at home. Sometimes that's all that's needed.  A few drinks - Myra made a special drink that was tasty but I shutter to think of how many calories are in it considering it is made with coconut milk :0/ Overall it was a fun night - no kiss at midnight but some great laughs. The 5 of us who gathered for the occasion were definitely 5 things to love about today as well as these other 5.
  1. Myra made some delicious Caribbean Jerk Chicken Wings.  Mmmm.. I loved them.  The secret was a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.  How about that???
  2. This morning I didn't feel like going to the gym, let alone run for 30 minutes. I had told myself that since I was tired I would only do the elliptical. Then while driving to the gym I told myself I would run for 10 minutes and then do the elliptical.  Well, Once I was on the treadmill I just kept going and did the full 30 minutes!  I love how I exceeded my expectation - I even increased my speed!
  3. I turned on the Wii video game system for the first time in a long time. It was awesome to play the Karaoke Revolution game again.  
  4. A good laugh was had by Herb and I when we realized that when he was making his brie cheese croissant appetizer he left the paper on the cheese!  When we took it out of the oven it looked so good! When we cut into it it still looked good.  When we took a bite - we knew something just wasn't right. We laughed so hard!
  5. I love that I have been able to consistently post an entry on this blog for what is now the 111th time.  Here's to 365 posting of positive things that make life worth loving. 




    No comments:

    Post a Comment