Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bittersweet Birthdays

THANKS TO EVERYONE who wished me a Happy Birthday.  It's been a tough day.  I am making a promise to myself to not talk more about losing Big Mac.  To focus on that doesn't allow for me to focus on the positive as easily.  I did clean up some of the mess around the house after making a quick run to the store for cleaning supplies.  It does smell a little bit fresher in here - that's a good thing.  Another good thing was doing my taxes today.  WOO HOO!

I'm going to bed and will try to get some rest so that I can hit the gym in the morning. So by the time you read the list, I will have run 3 miles! :)
  1. Comfort food = homemade guacamole. McCormick's guacamole mix and two avocados does the trick!  That mix is really on point!  Oh, and don't forget the hint of lime tortilla chips.
  2. I love and appreciate everyone who has wished me a happy birthday and to offer condolences for the passing of my dog, Big Mac.
  3. Talking with my brother and sister - I proposed the idea of having an annual family gathering. This would be just for out immediate family. We don't see one another often enough and I love the idea of doing something that is a little more routine. 
  4. Now, I haven't watched RuPaul's Drag Race in over a year but I am diggin' the season premiere tonight.
  5. I enjoy surprising people with gifts. I'm glad Jason liked his birthday card and small gift. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment