Saturday, January 14, 2012

Get the Max for the Minimum

Ooh It's so cold outside!  I guess it could always be more cold though so I supposed I should really be happy that it's not. Isn't that a great way to think about things?  Just be grateful for what you have. Today I felt like I got maximum satisfaction out of the day with minimum amount of effort.  As Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing". 
  1. "Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac.  Gangsta white walls. TV antennas in the back.  You may not have a car at all.  But remember brothers and sisters. You can still stand tall.  Just be thankful for what you got." I LOVE THIS SONG! Check it out here!
  2. Today I went to Myra to see the movie, War Horse. Let me just say that this was an amazingly moving movie.  I really enjoyed it and yes - I cried a little.  It was very touching. I highly recommend it.
  3. TJ Maxx is the place where you can be a Maxxinista.  I was that for sure tonight.  With Myra's help in picking it out, I bought a nice new shirt.  I can't wait to wear it. I love the color - a nice thin lime green stripe on a white shirt.  
  4. The best part of waking up is Starbucks in my cup while being in an empty house and reconnecting with my friend in Greece whom I haven't spoken to in months.  It was great to spend time with him and catch up.  We even used Face Time on our iPhones to chat.  Very nice! 
  5. I loved spending time with Myra today. We had a good time at the movies and having dinner.  I love how we just talk about pretty much anything - including a discussion on religion. That was interesting considering she's a pastor and I am a non-religious person.

No comments:

Post a Comment