Monday, January 9, 2012

Live My Life Like a Burning Man

It's always the simplest things that mean so much.  Someone saying thank you and showing that they are truly appreciative makes you feel good.  Not because they were grateful for what you did but because what you did made their day. That is truly a great feeling - to know you made a difference in someone's life.
  1. My Greek Yogurt exploration continues with the discovery of Chobani Pineapple flavored. LOVE IT!  I wanted to get another container to eat. I can tell that this will be a treacherous (yet healthier alternative) path. LOL
  2. Yesterday I bought some frozen chicken wonton soup from Trader Joe's.  That's some tasty soup.  Low in calories, 11 grams of protein, low in fat... the only drawback is that it's high in sodium.  You have to take the good and take the bad... you take them both and there you have... bwahahahahaha
  3. The Burning Man - this is something I've always been interested in doing. But why on earth does it always have to be during welcome week of the university? I think it would be something completely cool and memorable to do.  One of these years I am going TRY to experience it.  I'm sure I could get a few adventurous/bohemian friends to do it. Who's game? My only concern is the drug use that I'm sure takes place. hahaha Now I have the song of the same name by Third Eye Blind in my head.
  4. I love making the day of people and surprising them. I mailed my dad his iPod back along with a couple of things - a t-shirt and a coffee mug.  He called to show his appreciation for the gifts and for the music choices that I placed on his iPod. That was really nice.
  5. Today during lunch we all sat around the table in the office and had lunch.  It's something we don't always do when classes are in session. It is nice to really get to know each other in a relaxed environment and not have to worry about time constraints as much.
I love this video based on Dr. Seuss's "Oh, the Places You'll Go"


No comments:

Post a Comment