Saturday, January 21, 2012

Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood?

WHOA!! I almost missed a day cause I was out WAY too late.. but here I am... completing my list for Saturday. Today I interacted with a TON of people. Folks whom I am familiar with and folks who are brand new.
  1. This evening I saw the movie "Pariah".  A very well done film about a high school girl dealing with her own sexuality. Powerful messages.
  2. One of the things I love to do is meet people.  Tonight I met a lot and even though I was drinking I still managed to remember their names: Bartender Mike, Don, Jonathan, and Laurel and Josh - they were on their second date and met on E Harmony. I had to ask Laurel why she felt the need to bring her date to a gay bar and she replied, because she loves it there. I replied, well at least you can see that he's pretty much willing to do what it takes to win you over - including singing karaoke songs that you pick out for him!  She in particular was a lot of fun. hahaha
  3. At the gym I was able to increase my weights on the pull down to 100 pounds.  I think all the protein I'm eating in the yogurt is increasing my strength exponentially. 
  4. I loved how I was able to park my car in the Ballston Commons Mall's parking deck for practically all night and still only pay $1. Great deal!
  5. I got some sort of strange satisfaction of being at that bowling meeting today and saw some folks that don't speak to me anymore.  I talked about our league and what we're doing to the board and kept it moving.  Kept it classy cause that's how I roll.

1 comment:

  1. That particular "people in your neighborhood" could be sexual harrassment today. Bob grabbed her whistle.

    ReplyDelete