Tuesday, January 3, 2012

On that Midnight Train to Mormon

I eased back into work with no complications. It was cery quiet in the office but I'm sure that will change tomorrow. More people will be back and then it will all start to begin again.

Tonight I had a conversation with VG on religion and beliefs. Very nice conversation.  Nice to hear his views and I'm glad I enlightened him on black Latter-Day Saints and one of their most famous members, Gladys Knight.  The sound of silence indicated shock and I found that pretty funny.  By the way, I am not Mormon - just inquisitive.  I can't even say I'm a religious person. That's a whole other discussion for another blog. hahaha At any rate, I'm hear to talk about the five things I loved about today and here it goes!
  1. I read this line today from a blog that I loved and thought was perfect, "Implement the No Complaining Rule. Remember that complaining is like vomiting. Afterwards you feel better but everyone around you feels sick." How true is that???  I have said for the last few years that I can't stand when people choose to complain about things. It could be a complaint about the simplest thing like it's raining. Um, it's raining because that's what the planet does - it's own thing and you're not the boss of it!  While we might not like it - it's not worth complaining about because we can't personally change it. Even if we could change things that we complain about, why complain? Just change it and move on. You can read the rest of the tips here.
  2. While I was in the grocery store I saw a shorter, older woman who was eying an item on the top shelf. Since I was right there I offered her some help if she needed it.  She said yes and told me what she wanted and I got the two cans down for her.  The look on her face, full of gratitude made me feel really good that I was able to help her (and that my parents raised me with manners and kindness). Now THIS does remind me of the Mormon friends and acquaintances I have. They are some of the most wholesome, nicest people! This gesture of mine was very Mormon-esque hahahaha
  3. There was a discussion about The Abominable from the famous holiday stop-action children's program, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer".  I always thought he was ONLY referred to as The Abominable and the other person referred to him as The Bumble. I was like, "The Bumble? He's not called that." She and I were going to figure this out so I headed over to YouTube to find a clip.  We found the clip but ONLY after having seen this one The Abominable. I cracked up laughing.  I loved that!
  4. I made a delicious, quick and easy turkey chili tonight.  I was skeptical about the recipe but it really turned out well.  I love ANY meal that takes me about 30 minutes to make.
  5. Oooh - Target had a 70% Off Christmas items and I got a travel humidifier and a comfort massage cushion for $5.99 each.  I LOVE A BARGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment