Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Grandma HATES Collards. Wait, is that Racist?

I've noticed something about my blogs.  They are becoming more and more narrative in nature.  I guess that's a good thing.  I always have a story to tell.  Our lives are full of short stories that make up a huge book based on ourselves.  Lots of reoccurring themes. I think providing a narrative helps you, the reader, really feel what I've experienced and maybe reflect on a similar experience you may have had.
  1. I love a good laugh and certainly had one by watching, "Shit White Girls Say to Black Girls".  I do understand that it's only a matter of time before there's one called, "Shit Black Men Say to White Girls" or any other variation.  It's all in fun though (and based in some truths).  It most definitely cracks me up.
  2. Ooh, this Load Potato Soup by Progesso = tasty, great, delicious, scrumdiliumptious! I have a new soup to love!
  3. My friend, Dian got us tickets to see comedian Sheryl Underwood at the DC Impov.  I'm excited to see her.  She is TOO FUNNY. I love her!
  4. Speaking of Sheryl Underwood, I have never been mentioned so many times by a celebrity on Twitter. @sherylunderwood was blowing up my Twitter account and I loved every minute of it!
  5. I do love that Michelle Bachmann has suspended her bid for President of the United States.  One of the smartest choices she's made. Michelle Bachmann, this one is for you: Mommy Doesn't Need Fixing.

No comments:

Post a Comment