Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fishing in a Sea of Awkwardly Funny Shit!

Today was pretty good. We had staff training today - although it was more like staff reflection and it was nice.  Part of the discussion brought up the FISH Philosophy. One of the points of this philosophy is to choose your attitude.  It made me think of my newly cemented way of living - choosing to focus on the positive things that happen every day. I will say that due to this, I maintain a pretty good and healthy disposition.  It's healthy to look at the things that make you smile, laugh, and just feel good.

Here are a few feel good moments of the day.
  1. I don't know WHY it took me so long to start watching The Misadventures of an Awkward Black Girl. This mess is FUNNY! It has a big following and it's just plain ol' funny - Lots of profanity though but it's like she's using our own inner voices outwardly. LOL  It definitely makes me laugh out loud!
  2. OMG!  I just made the MOST delicious Chai Tea EVER!  LOVE IT!!! (11:18PM mind you - I just wanted something sweet before bed - sweetened with honey).
  3. A girl at work brought in these sugar cookies for the pot luck.  These weren't just your everyday sugar cookies, these were cookies with the likeness of a snowman!  These just made my day. I was fascinated with how they were made (although they were store bought and a machine created them). 
  4. I love the new knit scarves that came in for the upcoming events on campus... they look supa dupa, fly! There's just one problem with them but in the large scheme of things, it's rather insignificant.
  5. Someone told me I made their day today.  It was via email and I honestly could sense her joy through the typed words.  One of my favorite things to do is to make someone's day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment