Friday, January 6, 2012

Tasty Dairy and Neo-(Soul) Classicism

Today's weather was amazing.  60 degree weather at the start of January? That's unheard of, unless you live in Southern California, Las Vegas, South Florida, you get the idea. There were a few things that I loved about today and they all took the simplest form - one with probiotics! :0)
  1. Today I tried Greek yogurt for the first time.  Barbara, our budget analyst, brought in Greek yogurt for everyone today.  I've been doing my best to try new things lately so I gave it a shot.  This yogurt is pretty thick! YET TASTY! It was peach flavored. MMMMM, MMMM good! I love how it has 14 grams of protein in it and 0% fat at only 140 calories.  You can't beat that with a stick! I went to Trader Joe's to pick up their brand of the yogurt and can't wait to have some tomorrow.
  2. My love for anything from the golden age of television makes my day. Catch this clip - It's truly a classic moment on TV.
  3. A friend from high school bought a bracelet from my shop and received it today. She was so happy with it that she took a picture of herself wearing it.  That was pretty awesome - considering it was unsolicited.
  4. Since my housemate is away for the weekend I get to have my house to myself.  I am loving having the fortress of solitude back!
  5. I LOVE the Erykah Badu CD - Baduism - takes me back to the year I graduated college. I listened to it after I listened to India.Arie (see yesterday's blog entry). I remember the first time I ever saw her she performed on BET's Video Soul. I bought her CD soon after and I have been a fan ever since. Baduism is in My Top 25 Favorite Albums of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment