Friday, January 13, 2012

Vintage. Love.

Love knows no bounds and will always prevail.  You can hold back for as long as you want and it just has a way of working itself into your heart.  On my way to work this morning I was thinking about relationships.  It's funny how some people will go for the physically attractive person and not the person whom they are compatible with. This reminded me of some of the younger folks I know (and a couple older). And there are always those times when we compare our own attractiveness to that of others and think, "They have someone and I don't?" but we don't think about all of the qualities that made that person beautiful to them.  This reminds me of the movie Shallow Hal.  If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching.  Hahahaha See, my mind just tends to ramble and the rambles turn into words on a computer.

At any rate, a friend posted something on Facebook that made me think about the topic I opened this entry with. It was a link to gay couples from the past - before any sort of gay rights movement started.  These folks were fearless in their adoration for their partners.  How amazingly brazen they were to have done something like that then. It just goes to show you that love is ever powerful.
  1. Vintage Photographs of Gay Couples 
  2. I loved the sense of "getting shit done" at work today.  Very productive day and still, it felt very relaxed.  Good combination!
  3. As I was leaving work, a friend of mine who works in another office, complimented me on my coat and said it was very flattering on me. That made me feel really good. :0)
  4. I went to see comedian, Sheryl Underwood last night. She was sooooo funny.  Her comedy is more like a good friend who can tell stories with a lot of energy and humor.  She doesn't seem to really work to get a punch line in like other comedians. I really enjoyed it. It was also cool hanging out with Dian - Nicole, yes - I steal your friends. LOLOL
  5. I went out after the comedy show and met quite a few new people. Made me feel popular. LOL One was the doorman who also happens to be a personal trainer.  I also ran into someone I met last year. Very cool to see him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment