Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Delicate Balance and Stuff Like That

What a busy day! But I ain't complainin'.  It beats the alternative ANY day - see, that's that positivity! :0) The thought for the day revolved around influences.  I think I seemed to be the only one on staff whose parents have no influence on the decisions they make as an adult.  Part of me thought, "We are grown ass people!  Do we still seek the approval of our parents?"  Then I realized, well yes we do - well some do.  I am just not one of them. LOLOL My current influences are Oprah (she's been a long time influence), Maya Angelou, Suze Orman, some of my peers and colleagues I've met along the way, and people I meet and have conversations with day to day. Who are your influences?

Anyhoo - Just a thought I had.
  1. I enjoyed staff time TWO days in a row! How about that?  Normally I can't take so much "togetherness" and this week has been pleasant.  I think it's because we have been doing more sharing and learning about one another as opposed to doing mind-numbing work.
  2. Okay... So I can't tell you how much AWKWARD Black Girl makes my day.  I can't wait to see more episodes. Episode 11 is pretty good with the flashbacks! If I were rich, I'd fund this project just so I can see more.  
  3. Last night's bowling meeting went pretty well.  I am SO SO SO glad that it is finally on the verge of being back to normal.
  4. The night of bowling had two more things I loved about it - 1. I bowled a 181! 2. A new guy came by the bowling league to ask about joining.  The new guy had heard about the league and found our information online.  That's a good thing!
  5. I had a good conversation with my graduate student and helped her think through some things.  I love having good, reflective conversations.  The conversation benefits all those involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment