Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chill Baby, Baby, Chill!

This morning I had a thought. Why do people waste energy retaliating, being mean, etc? Because someone has done you wrong doesn't mean you have to crush them - or am I just Mr. Nice Guy?  I live by the concept of turning the other cheek. If that doesn't always do the trick, then I turn my back on the offenders and walk away.  I hate expending energy on things that are fundamentally not important. An eye for an eye is not my M.O.  I'm not a religious person.  I don't know Bible verses as well as I know 80s Top 40 music. What I do know is that the law of the universe is, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction".  I know that living by the idea of "Treat people the way you would like to be treated".  I don't think it gets much simpler than that.

I also had other thoughts such as - I need to just chill and not care so much.  Why?  Simply stated, everything happens for a reason. With or without my direct influence or expectations. So living in those serendipitous moments is what makes life exciting.

Now, although I've said all of that, it doesn't make it any easier to live like that. hahaha
  1. Today I FINALLY received my Oprah's Lifeclass journal.  It's a nice little journal.  I thought it might have questions to answer in it but it didn't. Oh well, I'm glad I finally received it!
  2. I'm glad that I got quite a bit done today at work.  The big event is just around the corner and I hope to have everything settled by the end of next week.
  3. Receiving not one but two compliments on how I chose to wear my jeans today made me smile. All I did was cuff them up about 3 inches because I bought them too long. Who knew I was being a fashionista?
  4. Being able to process specific situations in my life today felt good.  To allow myself a little peace of mind made me feel better. We all have a choice. Reminds me of one of my favorite songs by India.Arie. Okay, so maybe my Chi is still a little out of whack hahaha Certainly not blue - maybe aquamarine? Teal?
  5. It's a relatively quite night tonight, which is quite nice. As I was browsing through India.Arie videos on YouTube, I remembered that I loved her cover of Don Henley's, "The Heart of the Matter" and the theme of the song is all about forgiveness - which is kind of what I was referring to at the start of the blog.   This guy does a great cover of the song - Gavin Beach. I love listening to new talent, on YouTube no less!! Here's another great cover of Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car" by him. And I LOVE Tracy Chapman!
I think tomorrow will be an India.Arie day. Her Love and Relationships, Vol. 1 album is one of my favorites because it is well-written and has a great theme that is created by the tracklisting. There's not one song on the album that I don't like and it's very uplifting, positive, and reflective.

No comments:

Post a Comment